Packing & Storage Tips
- You can save yourself some extra cash by renting an appropriately sized unit. Check out our storage unit sizes
- Start by gathering as many boxes as you think you will need, tape, markers and packing material (e.g., bubble wrap, packing paper or towels).
- If possible, try to use uniformly sized boxes for easy stacking.
- Make an inventory list of your items, and keep it in a safe place (at home or in a safe deposit box away from the unit). Use our Space Calculator to take inventory of your items and find out how much storage space you need.
- Prepare your space by placing a protective cover on the floor under your goods.
- Place your storage items on 2×4 boards or on pallets to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
- Plan your storage space. Place items that you may need to access more often in the front.
- CAUTION! Do not store anything COMBUSTIBLE (e.g., paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint).
- Try to leave an aisle down the center of the storage unit for easier access. Leave a small space between the walls and boxes to allow for air circulation.
- Stack heavier boxes on the bottom and lighter boxes on top.
- Be sure your boxes are strong enough to hold 25-30 pounds. It is best not to put too much in each box.
- List contents of boxes on all four sides, number the boxes, and seal with tape.
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in paper and packed in sturdy boxes. Stack them on top.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard, marked “FRAGILE”, and stacked on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, knick-knacks, china, silverware, small items, etc. Wrap them in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Larger appliances make excellent “packaging cases” for blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
- Put TV’s and other electronics in the rear of your unit.
- Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside each other.
- Tables that have removable legs should be broken down to save space.
- Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save floor space. Wrap cushions in plastic and place on top of sofas.
- Avoid placing sharp or heavy objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Cover stuffed furniture with cardboard or blankets to protect against dust.
- If you stand mattresses on their side, prop them up so they stand straight. Otherwise, they could potentially bend out of shape and become lumpy.
- Wipe any items made of metal (bikes, metal tables, tools, etc.) with machine oil to prevent rusting.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can access your unit between the hours of 6am and 10pm.
Explosives, flammable liquids, toxic materials and perishables. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding a specific item.
We provide a lock at move in.
You can either use our Storage Calculator on our website or call our manager for assistance.
Cash, Checks, Money Orders, VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
You can pay in person, mail a check or money order or make a payment through our website. You may also sign up to have payments automatically deducted from your credit card/savings/checking account monthly.
No. At the time of signing you will be given your own security pass code that will allow you access to your unit.
No, we rent on a month-to-month basis unless the customer requests otherwise.
We require a government-issued ID (example: driver’s license, state ID, or passport).
We require a 10-day written notice before you move out.
|Bryan:||Monday – Friday 9:00am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-5:30pm||Saturday 9:00am-12:30pm|
|Clay Road:||Monday – Friday 9:00am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-5:30pm||Saturday 9:00am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-5:30pm|
|Fm 529:||Monday – Friday 9:00am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-5:30pm||Saturday 9:00am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-5:30pm|
|Odessa:||Monday – Friday 9:00am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-5:30pm||Saturday 9:00am-12:30pm|
|San Angelo:||Monday – Friday 9:00am-12:30pm & 1:00pm-5:30pm||Saturday 9:00am-12:30pm|
Let us help you find the right size!
Need help figuring it out? Talk to one of our self storage specialists to sort out your storage needs!